When looking for ways to clean your pool, you might come across a few different chemicals that can do the job for you. A few of these are chlorine, bleach, and borax. These chemicals can be used to shock your pool, but it makes it dangerous to swim in for a while.
There are a few alternatives to choose from. According to Damage Control 911, one of those alternatives is an ozone generator. Ozone generators are usually for cleaning odors from rooms and such, but it can be pumped through water to make it ozonized. Ozone is unsafe for humans and animals to breathe, but it is safe in the water.
Here are some things that ozone generators do for pools:
- They kill bacteria that might cause discoloration and sickness.
- They kill small plants like algae that will discolor the water in your pool.
- They kill other fungi like mold and mildew that might grow along the walls and floor of your pool.
- They help you cut down on the use of chemicals like chlorine.
- They keep your water’s acidity level at a balanced area.
As you can see, there are many benefits that can help keep your pool clean. If you’re thinking about an ozone generator for your pool, it might be a good idea for you to get one!